| gettysburg, pa - they have a marathon there... |
tuesday - 8 hot miles even though it was somewhat early (8am)
wednesday - 4 easy cooler miles (humid but overcast)
thursday - 6 early (7am) miles (humid but not as hot so my timing was great)
![]() |
| it would be very scenic! maybe someday... |
today -14 miles - a PR for me (2:27) heat, hills and major humidty. it rained lightly with the sun trying to peek out the first 4 miles. it felt great. as i was praying for wisdom and discernment for some upcoming decisions /changes we face, i turned the corner on the road and there in front of me was the most beautiful rainbow. a perfect reminder of His promises. a few miles later, my prayers turned to protection! some men in a white working van that look like the types you see on america's most wanted (yes, i'm totally profiling!) slowed down and started making kissing noises/gestures. they did this for a few minutes and then drove into a parking lot. when i turned around, they left the parking lot to follow me again but they were always on the opposite side of the road. thankfully two walkers and one runner were near me so the guys just left. annoying. i then ran to a trail loop at a park and ran the other half there. at mile 12 i stopped to eat a gel and all of a sudden my man is next to me! he decided to run the trail in hopes of finding me. just checking in... LOVED it! he finished the last 2 miles with me and then we headed home. i was so sweaty, i could wring the sweat out of my clothes! i forgot to put glide (not thinking clearly at 6:30am!) and so i ended up with some nasty burns. it was worth is since i had a 2:10 negative split time!

7 comments:
Yea! for you Kate!!! I'm going to start calling you speedy Kate!! Great time girl!!!
I so understand the changes and what-not coming down the pike. At times I still feel overwhelmed. I think my new "normal" is not going to feel normal for a while yet. I struggled to let go of a lot of what felt normal to my lifestyle, but then I realized my "lifestyle" is His to mold and shape. Wonderful of God to give you that reminder of His faithfulness...He is!
Gross for the creepy guys following you!!! Lookem' in the eyes Kate and tell them you got friends in Texas that will whoop-up on em if they don't leave you alone!
Great time again girl! You are going to so rock your next race!
I love your rainbow story! God is so creative and if only we would listen and watch...perhaps we would see more of His messages so clearly!
Way to busting out some seriously speedy miles lady! This isn't slowing you down...you'll be flying when it is Fall!
Amen on the rainbow story! The Gettysburg photos are so lovely - I'd really like to visit there someday.
And please, explain to me exactly what negative splits are. I'm trying to work on being faster, but don't really know how to record and calculate everything I'm doing. You can email me. ;)
Love you!
jen, i'll email you about splits. it sounds so confusing but you'll see it's not! all you need is a watch!
terri and tpg - thanks so much! been doing a lot of reading and trying to challenge myself. it's more mental than anything else!
terri, thanks for the encouragement! knowing you just went through some big changes, well,i know you get it!
Too bad about those guys - hope they don't bother you any more. 14 miles in the heat is rough! Hope you've found something you like fueling with besides gels (since they were bothering you).
Speedy Kate! Yes, I agree, I was just thinking you are a total super running girl! :) Beautiful pictures, so picturesque! And rainbows are such a beautiful reminder of God's promises aren't they? :)
You're doing great!
Love seeing rainbows!
Post a Comment