![]() |
| i settled on a name - finally... CHICO!! |
tuesday - 5 easy miles.
thursday - 18 miles in the fog, mist, and sometimes light rain. i saw a lot of birds - bluejays, cardinals, robins, a hawk and some black crows. when i ran on the trail for 5 miles, the smell of evergreens kept me going!
friday - 4 easy paced miles. i rarely run after a long run that's over 15 miles. i recently read that it helps rid the lactic acid faster. i did feel tired though...
saturday - 4 tempo miles - sunny, cooler, breezy - just right!! i wanted to go more but both knees were feeling a teeny sore so i decided 4 hard miles was good and to push more next week. :)

8 comments:
18 miler?! I'm not sure we'll be able to run together afterall. :)
I'm just trying to maintain something right now - running mostly 3-5 miles.
I think I feel better when I do a short run after a long run. I started doing this after reading that some ultra runners do that to help them recover. Looks like a good week for you!
we WILL run together wendy!! we WILL!! it will be so much fun! forget the PR - i want to have fun the whole long run!!
tina, it was hard to run those 4 miles the next day, but i walked a minute after each mile and it helped. i did a cold water bath (the water comes out so cold this time of year it's colder than ice!) and rolled a little after the 18 miler but forgot to friday. so maybe that's why i felt tired. i'm going to keep trying it and see how it goes. :)
Kate, I came back to tell you that the day that you tweeted about making kale chips, I bought kale just a few hours before. One of those "great minds think alike" things, right?! I'm microwaving mine tonight and having it as a side dish with my pasta.
SOOOO YUMMY!!! i'm doing everything i can to make my kids like it too! the toasted kale was good. i just hope it didn't loose any of it's nutrients as does say, green beans can, if overcooked.
I hadn't even thought of that!
i think i'll start "researching" it!! ha!
Wait, wait! Short runs and tempo runs after a looooooong run, then making and eating Kale chips....my head is spinning ;D I'm inspired!!! Actually I also heard about doing a easy run after a long run to work out the LA. I need to research that too because it would be convenient for me to once in a while get a long run in during the weekday. What I want to know is how does the tempo you did affect the recovery???
Post a Comment