Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Past 2 weeks...


Week after the 50K in the country of Virginia - ran on a mostly flat gravel road. (pictured left) :)

Tuesday - 4 miles
Wednesday - 6 miles
Thursday  - 4 miles
Saturday - 6 miles

Ran most of the runs with my sister in law. SO FUN! I recovered fast from the 50K, probably because I had to walk so much! I was sore for two days but it wasn't a terrible kind of sore. I felt great running that week.




Last week - Our car broke down on the way home. We were stuck in SC for two days and running was hard to do...the rest of the week... for many reasons...
Thursday -4 miles with my oldest :)
Friday -6 miles; from 9:45-10:45 it was already steaming hot! ugh!

So, a week after the 50K I ran 20 miles, and second week after I ran 10 miles. I'm not worried about lack of running right now. In fact, it was a nice little break and now I feel charged and ready to run! :)

2 comments:

Wendy said...

That's awesome that you're recovery has gone so well!

PS - I ended up getting the Nathan handheld water bottle that you recommended. Thanks!

Tina @GottaRunNow said...

Too bad about your car! It's great to hear that you recovered so quickly! Which Nathan handheld water bottle do you like?