Wow... I hate that it's taken this long to sit and blog about running the past few months! :/ Life's been so busy for me since I've taken on the Athletic Director role at our homeschool hybrid school. It's a good kind of busy though!After the Bootlegger Marathon, my miles went down, It was good as I'm sure I needed a little break, but bad that I felt it when I built back up later on in the summer. I ran a total of 80 miles in June; the lowest monthly mileage for 2014.
In July, I stacked the miles up just a tad with a total of 97 miles. I ran a half marathon on July 4th called We The Runners. It was the same route on the Greenway where I set a PR back in April. I didn't set a PR this time, but was pleased with my 2:10 finish time - smack in the middle once again! My 13 year old came in first place for the women's 5k with 21:36 and my 15 year old set herself a new PR for the 5k as well. It was a fun, hot morning run!
![]() |
I started to ramp up the miles in August. With scheduling games for three volleyball and basketball teams, as well as helping coach Cross Country, it's been hard to squeeze in long runs. But I found towards the end of the month I was able to get past 10 milers. Some of my runs have been quality runs since I run with the cross country team on training days. I get some speed-work in here and there. But not all days are that great! I'm 42, the kids are in their teens - big difference there! :)
The heat was rough in August. Building up the miles in the heat and humidity is... humbling! I tried not to get hung up on my times. Just focused on getting the run done. I tried some new new shoes this month - Brooks Glycerin. I did not like them at all. They felt lighter but my ankles and balls of my feet were hurting - especially after long runs. After several weeks, I bought the shoes I've been using for years now - Asics Nimbus. Ahhhh, relief! I was able to run 116 miles for August.
Hard to believe in a few days I'll update my miles for September... where does the time go?!


No comments:
Post a Comment