September flew by... maybe because it's been non stop! We've been traveling many weekends to
Cross Country meets. It's been
so fun to see these middle and high school kids compete. My 13 year old has usually finished second or third for Varsity girls. Her finish times have usually been around 21 and something minutes. Her new PR was last weekend with a 20:40 (or as she says
finally a trail without killer hills!). My 15 year old has been shaving off seconds usually setting a new PR. So proud of her! And my youngest, who did not want to run at all, but wasn't allowed to sit around and do nothing since he chose not to play soccer or football, has really impressed us! He's gone from average to fast! He still says he
doesn't like to run! ;)
I've had no time for races but have been finding time to get some long runs done. I was able to get past 13 miles from the end of August and complete a 14, 15 and 16 miler. I've had my eye on a marathon the end of October. I ran this one two years ago and it's flat. That kind of makes it
not fun for me - flat routes hurt my hips! But we'll see how the next couple long runs go and if I have time to for a 18 and 20 miler. I was going to run 17 yesterday but felt awful and stopped after 14. I have my eye on some half marathons. I keep coming back to the thought of how fun it would be to work towards trying to break 2:00 for a half marathon!
September totaled 118 miles!
No comments:
Post a Comment