Wednesday, June 3, 2015

What A Month!




May was a whirlwind for all of us!

Drama Play
End of school year
Peak long runs
Family coming to stay for a week
Getting the house ready for guests
Rehearsal wedding dinner to prepare for
And my oldest son's wedding!











In May, my long runs were 17, 19 and 21 miles. The 17 and 19 milers were hard since I went later in the morning when it was already warm and humid. The struggle was real the last few miles! I questioned myself if I was truly ready. But the 21 miler was the best long run I've probably had yet. I started at 8:30 and it was a tad cooler (60's). Somehow, I had a burst the last 3 miles and ran a fast pace. That really has never happened before. I felt I could have kept going but I really had to get back home and prepare for 8 family members to descend on our home for a week. :)










My oldest son's wedding was this past Saturday. Running sure helped keep me stress free for the most part during this busy month. We had such a lovely month of weather - warm and sunny - until the last few days of the month. Prayers were answered and it was a beautiful day for the wedding!

I feel ready for the marathon this Saturday, although a bit restless only getting to run two 3 mile runs before Saturday! I'll find something to do. Need to keep busy as I think of my son and his bride traveling West for 6 weeks. :)







1 comment:

Tina @GottaRunNow said...

What a great month for you and your family and it sounds like there's more to come with the visit! Nice pace for such a long run and finishing comfortably is a great confidence booster for your upcoming marathon. Have fun!