Monday, May 4, 2015

Spring is finally here!



April was a great month for running! I built my miles back up. I ran 137 miles for April. I somewhat wonder if I ran too many compared to the previous two moths (94 miles each month). But, I feel fine, and that pain in my left knee is hardly noticeable and never swells. So i guess if I'm going on how I feel, then I should not wonder! :)











I ran a local 5k and placed second in my age group! It was rainy that morning and half the runners did not show (only 500 for the 5k) so maybe that's why I got lucky! My younger daughter ran and also placed second in her age group. I think that's pretty great for only running 3 times since the end of her Cross Country season! Crazy thing was that everyone's watches measured the race at 3.45 miles. It was fun, muddy and hilly!



I'm training for my 10th marathon in June. I want to go back to the Bootlegger Marathon and kill the time I got last year. It was the worst time for all marathon's I've run actually. It was very hot and my heels blistered incredibly bad, causing me to practically walk the last 5 miles. Not fun. I'm up to a 17 miler this week. It hasn't been that "hot" here yet. I've run a few times in the 70's but not over 10 miles yet. So I'm hoping it'll warm up soon so I get a little more heat acclimated. It'll be June here before I know it - hot and humid!

1 comment:

Tina @GottaRunNow said...

Congrats to you and your daughter on placing at the race! That sounds like a tough marathon you're going to run. I'm pretty sure you'll be getting plenty of heat training soon with warmer summer weather!