Monday, January 14, 2008

Week 3 - Run 1

Ugh. I don't like to run on the treadmill. That was the main reason I quit the gym. We have all this weight equipment here and so it was like paying just to use the treadmill. I'd rather run outside any day. But logistics today made me use the treadmill. I went to the clubhouse and ran on the treadmill there. I took Bryce with me and he worked on his papers. I had to slow down when explaining directions for him, but other than that it went by fast.

I ran 4.5 miles. Felt good for the most part. A twinge of pain in my left foot but it went away after the 2nd mile. Timing was ok - 10 min. miles but with slowing down to talk to Bryce, I averaged 10:30 or so. Heart rate stayed around 180 the whole time. Calories burned: 565. Mental note - stretch more.

No comments: