Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Week 9 - Run 2

Even though I was already spent, I ran at 8:45 tonight. I had a lot of stress to digest so I'm glad I did even though I was tired, sore from wearing bad shoes, and it was cold and windy out. I had to stop to tie my shoes three stinking times. My feet kept feeling like they were slipping around. Who knows why. I am noticing now that my heart rate does not stay high as it used to. So my calories burned may not be as high either. Ah, shucks!

I ran 5 miles at 10:10 min. miles (finished at 50:54). Calories burned: 514

3 comments:

Whatsoever is Pure said...

Good for you! You should be very excited for your accomplishments! I am so wanting the weather to get better around here- I truly don't mind the cold, but it's the ice that has me worried!

My shoes/feet slide around too sometimes- very frustrating...

I haven't read your blog in full yet- are you training for a marathon?

I'm debating a 1/2 in early April, but my big goal is a triathlon in June...

Ok- now that I've completely rambled at length, I'll close!

Please feel free to stop by sometime!

Angel

Alycia said...

Good for you Kate! I just clicked over from your profile. I am curious as to where/or how you calculate your calories burned?

Thanks!!

Kate said...

Hi Angelena! Thanks for visiting me! I am somewhat training for a half marathon the end of March. I will decide to take the plunge depending on how I feel after I work up to ten miles. We'll see...

Wow, I'd love to hear about your half and the triathlon. Sounds awesome!

Alycia, I use the Nike Imara Heart Rate Monitor watch/band. It is awesome! http://www.amazon.com/Nike-Imara-Heart-
Monitor-SM0032-001/dp/B000HDHQZC/ref=
pd_bbs_sr_6?ie=UTF8&s=watches&qid=1204223397&sr=8-6)