Monday, March 3, 2008

Week 10 - Run 1

I ran tonight and faced a fear. On the last 2/10 of my run, that awful feeling that comes out of nowhere and makes you feel like you want to die, hit me. I finished my run and barely made it to our bathroom door. I fear this happening when I run a race. What if??? I've read in many places and have heard how that happens to people. Nerves get the best of them and it happens. So, what does one do? Yikes. I do not want to even think about it. I am just glad I made it home. How's that for keepin' it real?!

I ran 5.5 miles tonight at 10:33 min. miles. Calories burned: 610

1 comment:

Whatsoever is Pure said...

So, okay- yeah. I don't say this to completely freak you out, but this happened to me in my last 1/2 marathon a few months back. I think it was in mile 11 or 12. My mind said "keep running" and my body say "stop, or I'm going to kill you". :) So, of course- mind over matter...I kept running. And at mile 13.1, I collapsed. I enjoyed my nice stay in the med tent for two hours and then dragged myself back to my hotel, praying for the will to live. (drama drama drama) Then, I went home. Took a nap. And that evening ate an entire Donato's pizza by myself. Yep. It was great! So, frankly, the moral of the story is this... strange things happen when you are pushing your mind and body past normal limits, but 99.9% of us survive it, love it, and when enough time has passed to forget it- do it again as soon as we can. (Kind of like pregnancy, right?)