Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Week 27 - Run 2

Made it to the gym again this morning by 9! Ran 3 miles on the treadmill, full of hills! Then I did arm weights. I like how it's going so far! Just way way way tooo hot to run outside for me. The strangest thing ever happened to me yesterday when running though... Around mile 1.5, I started having this awful pain dead center in my heel. It went away a mile later. It felt like a piece of tiny bone! So weird. Not there today thankfully. But... I also had some rubbing on the inner side of my foot yesterday. It hurt. Today, it was worse. I should have put a band aid on it because now it's turning into a blister. Ugh. On my right foot, I have two old blisters that are still on my heels from my new shoes but they don't hurt. Now I have a third on the inner side (the tender skin!). I don't know what's up with that foot but I have not been pleased at all with these new shoes. Too bad I've put about 100 miles on them... I feel it would be too soon to drop about 100 dollars on new shoes just yet. I'm stuck!!!

This might hurt, it's not safe
But I know that I've gotta make a change
I don't care if I break,
At least I'll be feeling something
'Cause just okay is not enough
Help me fight through the nothingness of life
-Matthew West

4 comments:

Wendy said...

Would it be better to run in your old shoes for now?

I hope your foot is feeling better now.

Kim said...

Blisters are no fun...mine from a while back turned black! Yuck! Hope your foot gets better soon!

Terri said...

Uggh! I can't stand it when new shoes don't work out $$$
I agree with Wendy it might be better to put on those old pair. Have you tried thicker socks? We had triple digit heat yesterday!Hope your foot heals quick!

Much Ado said...

Oh that's so annoying about your new shoes! I hope your foot gets better. Getting the right shoes is such a hard thing because you never really know until you run in them for quite a while.