YEAH!!! I'm half way done with the marathon training. I hope and pray I make it through the second half! It's going to get hard (for me) but I'm learning that it's more mental than anything else.
I ran 10 miles yesterday and I could actually say it was a wonderful run. I felt great the entire time and really think I could have run ten more and been ok. I figured out how to do the split time thing. I ran the first 5 miles at 10:45 min. miles and the second half closer to 11 min. miles. I had two GU's and 40 oz. of water altogether (refilled my bottles half way through). Shoes fit like a glove and nothing hurt! Amazing!! Oh, perhaps it helped that I ran at 7:30am. I ate a piece of whole grain toast and had a cup of coffee to start. So far, that seems to settle just fine with be pre-long run. I'm pretty excited that it went so well.
No comments:
Post a Comment