Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Training Week 9

This weeks runs are 3,7,4,10. It's a step back week - by one mile - the long run just isn't so long. The sorta long runs (mid-week)are stepping up though. I felt great Monday - no soreness at all from the long run Sat. In fact, I felt pretty good Sunday (the day after). My quads were just a tad tight. I think the recovery drink and ice bath help tons.
So I ran a quick 3 yesterday while my son was at football practice. I tried a new park with a paved trail with lots of small hills. Tonight, I ran 4 and felt like lead. I didn't have enough sleep and didn't get to run today until 8pm so I was pretty beat. But got it done. I wore the new Nimbus shoes tonight - and the older Cumulus last night. I hope this helps the blister - which is huge now! Tomorrow, I want to do a product review on the new things I tried.

3 comments:

Much Ado said...

Your training is going so well! What shoes are you going to wear for the marathon?

Wendy said...

Those middle of the week runs have been the hardest for me to fit in.

Looks like a great week!
I can't believe you are already on week 9!

Tina @GottaRunNow said...

Kate, that's a smart idea to change your shoes around! Maybe you won't get the same rubbing in the same place.

I know what you mean about the lead legs. Ugh!

Look forward to your product reviews - always like to see what other runners think about things. : )