Hard to believe that if everything went perfectly for me in training, this would be my taper week... :(
Last week, I did get in a quick 4 mile run and felt awesome! I even ran faster and walked a little less in between miles. I ran again on Saturday. I was aiming for 10 miles. I finished ten miles, but not without walking the last 2 miles. I sure was bummed. By mile 7.5 the ITB pain came back on the side of my left knee. I decided to run a little and see how it felt. After walking for 20-30 sec., as soon as I started to run, the pain would intensify and start to shoot up my leg. So I just walked briskly the rest of the way home. I took an ice bath. Wow, I sure missed those! I always thought they felt great and helped with recovery. I didn't really need one but thought it would be best to do since I had the ITB pain. Also, my right hip has been hurting me since early last week. Not sure why or how it became this way, but it really hurts - especially when I go from sitting to standing. And the middle of my spine feels pinched. I am a mess!!! I scaled way down on my miles since my ITB injury 3 weeks ago and now all sorts of things are hurting. I just don't get it...
I sent in my change of race form today. I switched down to the half. I will be so lucky to just finish the half at this point with the way I am hurting with my left ITB/knee and right hip.
Patience... I wish I had more of this.
5 comments:
Kate - well, I am sorry you are injured! My hip has been giving me trouble for months. I had to give up training for my half in April so my husband could run his full...we can't both train at the same time due to schedules. Anyways, my hip has bothered me ever since. I am training again, and pray to finish. Lord, HEAL US!! Bless you! I am going to go read more, but when is the race scheduled for?
Okay, once you're all healed up and your half is over, a 5K would be lots of fun! They don't take as many training miles and there are probably more of them to choose from, too. Have you run a 5K before?
I felt like you just a few weeks ago. It just seem like every time I turned around I had a new pain. I hope you can run/walk the half and be happy with that. I would suggest walk/run the entire way and not wait until you feel pain before you start to walk. Just my opinion but it would seem better to me to walk/run (Galloway Method) the entire 13 miles than to have to walk the last 2-3. I'm so sorry Kate I sure do know what you are going through it has been a disappointing year for me as well with my training. Somehow I just know the Lord will help me as He will you. I will keep praying!
Hang in there, sweetie! You're still amazing - look at how you persevere and how much you've accomplished already. You are showing great wisdom and patience to just do the half - your turn will come. Praying for your healing!
Amy Carmichael has a great poem called "In acceptance lieth peace." So hard sometimes, but very true.
Love you!
Stacey, the race is 11/14 - next Sat - but I'm not sure what I'm going to do now. I'm in bad shape and really don't know why!!!
Tina, I ran a few 5ks and even placed 2nd in one with my daughter when she was 7 years old at the time! (28 min.) 5k's are so fun!
Terri and Jen - thanks for being so SO encouraging. It means so much to me and I cling to it.
Post a Comment