if one could run without getting tired i don't think one would often want to do anything else. ~ c.s. lewis
Saturday, November 7, 2009
Training Week 17
So this is the end of the the next to last week of training. I'm pretty much in the dumps right now. I rested my legs all week from running. I didn't even go to the gym and do weights. I thought I'd get a small run in this morning. I ran 3 miles and after a few minutes, I had pain. I had to mix walking in with the run since it would hurt. I just don't know how I can even run a half now. The pain is so weird. It's on the side of my knee and feels like wraps under the knee cap or below it. I guess it's still the ITB since it feels the same. But it seems like it's taken much longer to heal and has not really improved at all. Not sure what I'm going to do this upcoming Saturday. I was sooo excited about running the marathon, then accepted that I would bump down to the half. Now, I don't know what I'll do... My man advises me to rest all week and decide by Thursday night. We'll see...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Kate, I'm SO sorry to hear you are still having pain, especially as the race gets closer. I think it's a good idea to rest until Thursday and see how you feel, but I've never had that kind of injury, so I'm probably not the best to advise you. :(
Your day for the marathon will come, and I think you will appreciate the finish even more now with all that you have experienced.
I'll be praying for you this week. Love you!
Oh Kate, I am so sorry too. I know this is not only frustrating, but such a disappointment. I agree w/ your husband, just wait and see, you never know, we are fearfully and wonderfully made! I will continue to pray for healing. Hang in there! There is always another race!
Hi Kate! Just stopping by to let you know I am thinking of you and praying for you this week.
I'm praying, too! Sorry kiddo.
Hi Kate! Just checking in w/you. How did the week go? Were you able to run today? I hope you are resting up and healing.
Hi Kate, Just checking in too. I am keeping you in my prayers.
Post a Comment