Tuesday, December 1, 2009

New Start - take two

So 2 days after my last post, which would have been 11/19, I ran 3 miles. We went to Panama City Beach 11/18 - 11/22. My oldest had a football tournament there and I was hoping to run on the beach. With the busy schedule, it didn't happen. It gets dark there just a little before 5 since they are right over the time change line. Shucks! I was able to walk a lot, and did great on a 3 mile run one night. I ran a 10 min. mile pace and my leg felt great! Right after we returned from that trip, we had family come to town. I ran a 10k with my brother. My brother is not a runner really, but he did great. We mixed in some walking and my ITB never bothered me. I was so excited. I have the running bug again. I want to start training. But Monday morning I woke up with a sore throat and now I have some sort of mild but draining cough thing. I may wait another day before I start running. I really hope scaling back and resting my legs have helped. I'm sooooo wanting to run pain free.

1 comment:

Jennifer@DoingTheNextThing said...

Kate, I'm so glad your leg is feeling well enough for you to run! Don't get too carried away, though - take it slow at first.
I know what you mean about dark at 5 - Nashville is just over the line, too, and when we visit family there it's very strange. Bright as noon by 6:30am, too - makes the kiddos wake up waaay to early.
Luv u! xoxo