Saturday, January 9, 2010

video!

so, i wanted to go to the gym this morning... but i was running out of time with our busy saturday schedule. my friend's hubby was running the mississippi blues marathon this morning and it was a record low of 18 at the start and 22 at the finish! that just totally inspired me to run outside. i mean, after all, i ran my long runs in the hot and very humid dog days of july and august, and in that pouring rain this fall. so what's running 6 miles in a little cold going to do? nothing at all when i'm layered up. i usually don't run outside if it's below freezing. but, i was so warm and comfy, and never felt cold. it was FUN seeing the snow here, still! my man got me a little camera with hd video for running. i must have come home too often this past year telling how i saw the coolest clouds, some strange leaves, all sorts of animals, a rainbow, some awesome lightning, yadda yadda yadda... so he surprised me with a little camera just for running! i'm going to have fun with this!

10 comments:

Tina @GottaRunNow said...

What a co-ink-a-dink! My husband just bought me a camera for running, too, and I took mine out for a test run this afternoon - just ran in front of my house and through my house. Kind of silly, but I had to test it out!

I hope to try it outside on Monday, but it's so cold... I don't know! You were brave to get out there!

Tina @GottaRunNow said...

I showed my husband your video and he wants to know what kind of camera you have. Your sound and video was nice and clear. It will be fun to see your videos.

We have a CamBall. It's small and round and I'll probably attach it to my Spibelt when I run.

Wendy said...

Love it! ♥

Kate said...

Tina, we're so kindred!!! ;)I can't wait to see your videos. :)

The camera is Panasonic Lumix. It's shock and waterproof to boot - can't wait to jump in the pool with it! I'm really enjoying it so far and getting to know how to use it. It fits nicely up my sleeve today and it fit great in the Spibelt. I'd love to hear more about yours. :)

Tina @GottaRunNow said...

Yours sounds neat. I'll probably post all about mine Monday. That will give me something to write about besides the cold. ; )

Jennifer@DoingTheNextThing said...

awesome xmas present! that will be fun. glad you enjoyed running in the cold - i kind of do, too, unless the cold starts to hurt my lungs.
love ya

Much Ado said...

Love this! Loved hearing your voice, seeing where you run and all those layers!!! Wow, it must be cold! :) Have fun with your new camera

Terri said...

Oh Kate that was fun to see and hear you in "real" life! Wow what a busy place you run its right on the road! Be safe and wear reflective clothing. What a great camera and thoughtful hubby.

Tina @GottaRunNow said...

Kate, when you get a chance, visit the comments on my Obstacles Welcome post at Gotta Read Now. : )

mommy to six J's said...

How fun what a nice gift. It sure looks pretty there.