 |
| took this w. my running camera! |
i must confess, i've been running with pain the past week and a half, hoping secretly it would just magically go away. about ten days ago, when we were on our trip, i somehow hurt my hip area. i really don't think it was from running. twice, at different times, i made a quick movement of some type and felt something pull. it's beyond hard to describe the area of where it hurts, but i *think* it might be
iliopsoas tendonitis but i am not that certain. it started at the hip area and goes to the adductor magnus. it's so hard to describe. it's got me
down in the dumps. and i know i really need to just rest it. i did a ton of leg weights monday night and was going to again tonight but i don't think that's the best medicine. in fact, i think it irritated it even more. i am praying it's not a tear. i took off 4 days last week since we were still away and ran the last 3 days we were home, the ten mile run being one of them. the pain did come back when i ran those 3 days. and what's weird, is that it goes away after a few miles (or i just don't feel it that much). i'm bummed, and
desperately hoping and praying this will heal before the marathon training begins in two weeks. i'm having flashbacks of how i felt so down from last falls injury. if you just knew how bad i want to complete a marthon... so, say a prayer for me if you think of it, that this nagging pain will heal and i will know how to deal with it. thanks, friends!
5 comments:
I will pray for that. I know how hard last fall was for you.
Rest when you need it.
oh, sweetie! i'm sorry. I will pray, too. I've had tendonitis before (in other places) and rest does seem to help, as does Aleve for the inflamation. Take it easy & allow it to heal a bit - you'll be glad you did in the long term.
<3
Oh no! I am so sorry you are in pain. You are smart to rest it. As hard as it is to accept that, it's the right thing to do. Sometimes our bodies just need a break to heal. I'll be praying that it is just a little overuse and not an injury. Hang in there!
I hope your pain goes away soon. I know I had some pretty terrible groin pain a couple of years ago. It hurt to raise my leg to put my pants on. Get some good rest!
I like your new blog color and that's a pretty pic!
Kate! You must try this stretch that worked for me like a charm. Took away the pain completely. The area you are describing is a common complaint of runners so don't get discouraged! The stretch is called the "hooker stretch" I'll try and find a link or find the info on my old post when I posted about this pain. Inbox me on FB if I take too long to do this. Kate this stretch was a miracle for me. I will pray for you.
Post a Comment