-the run went well considering i have a cold. i ran at a nice steady pace and my heart rate stayed in the 150's. i think keeping this pace helped me BIG time, considering i have a cold and was lacking good sleep the past few nights.
-the weather was BEAUTIFUL! a real treat. upper 70's when i started and low 80's when i finished. a pefect breeze and very low humidity.
-the trail was half shaded and half sun. but i didn't feel like it was a struggle in the sun - finally!
-everything felt great. my legs and toes started feeling tired and sore (but not a bad kind of sore) at mile 12.
-was saving my ipod for the last few miles. didn't need it since my little man started singing patriotic songs, hymns, and christmas carols (again!). i'd much rather listen to him. :)
-i brought 20oz of water and 20 oz of Nuun with me. i was so thirsty the entire run. i've been drinking about 100oz. a day but was so thirsty today. i had to be conservative with how much i was drinking the last 5 miels since i was down to something next to nothing. i tried to drink every 2 to 2.5 miles since that's how it will be on race day but i'm not sure how i'm going to do that given how thirsty i always am!
-best of all, i wore my new shoes. i finally had enough dough to buy a new pair of my favorite model. i took the brooks glycerin's back but needed to come up with $25 more for the asics nimbus
i am getting so excited for race day! earnestly praying i remain injury free...

5 comments:
Yay!!! So glad you made it through - and in such good spirits! I wonder if you saw my BIL - he was biking on the greenway today. Ya'll probably passed each other and didn't even know it!
What a blessing to have come so far. I'm proud of you, and also praying for no injuries.
You GO girl!
(PS - I managed to get in nearly 4 at the local park. I love that park, but in the afternoon it is soooo hot and sunny going up the BIG hill -which i had to do THREE TIMES! ugh. I SO wish i had gone to my greenway this am like i wanted to! oh well...)
Love you
Sounds like a great long run, except for the thirsty part. Are you drinking enough? You could count 7 drink "stops" (one every 2 miles) and multiply that by 8 oz, since you were thirsty, and that equals 56 oz. needed.
I get that minor soreness you mentioned, too, but having my own personal singer to accompany me on my long runs would certainly keep my mind off of it. : )
What a great run! Love that you had good weather and an awesome partner out there! At least in October for race day it will be true fall weather so you may not need as much to drink as now. And you could consider carrying water if you wanted to have it anytime.
thanks SO much you all!
kristen, i may get a hand held water bottle and see how that goes. i've never tried one (i just have a fuel belt that holds 20 oz total).
tina, do you drink 8oz at a time? maybe i should try that. since it's been soo soo hot here i've been drinking 2oz every half mile to a mile. guess i've needed more! i've got 8 more weeks to nail this down!!
When I wear my fuel belt, I drink 7 (size of my bottles)-8 oz at a time about every 2 miles, depending on the weather. If I'm at a fountain, I might drink more when it's hot.
Post a Comment