if one could run without getting tired i don't think one would often want to do anything else. ~ c.s. lewis
Friday, December 17, 2010
1000 miles!!
i made it to (and past!) my 2010 running goal of 1000 miles!!! i am pretty excited about it! it's taken me two years to make my goal. last year i could almost taste it, but that ITB injury held me back.
i ran 10 miles today on the greenway. when i got to mile 4 to 4.5, my left knee was starting to hurt. in a very weird spot. not the outer side - where itb pain presents itself - but the opposite - the upper part of the inner knee. does that make sense? very hard to explain but it's not inside my knee, just on the top part of the knee cap on the inner side of the knee. ugh. i should have turned around as soon as it was hurting but i was hoping it was just stiff from the cold. at mile 5 i decided to give up on negative splits. i was making great time. but there was no way anyone could come pick me up. i walked a minute after miles 6, 7 and 8. then i had to add more walking since it was hurting that bad. ugh. i'm benching myself from running for a few days, maybe even a week. listening to my knee and taking it in stride. it will eventually get better!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



5 comments:
Yay, Kate!!! I remember how close you were last year, and I'm so glad this year has been so much better!
Good idea to listen to your body, and take a break. And, perfect timing for Christmas! :)
This is incredible, Kate! I'm so excited for you!!! God made you a runner. ;)
Congrats on the mileage! Funny - my left knee hurt on my run yesterday so I cut it short and I'm taking today off from running. I'll try running tomorrow. I hope your pain fades fast.
Kate after 1000 miles your knee deserves some rest. Yes, take it in stride it will all work out. Have a blessed Christmas.
First of all, congratulations on hitting such a BIG milestone!!! Wow! Those 1000 miles each represent a lot if hard work, determination and commitment!
Secondly, what cute and creative photos. Love them!
Post a Comment