
i live in the south... and...
there is still snow on the ground.
a week and a day later.
that's a long time for this southern state.
i must be the only one in my city that is not complaining about it.
i love snow and all of its beauty. it's a rare thing down here.
and it sure beats this dull, brown, dead grass that we have all winter.
so... back to running i went. i did a few days last week of cross training - walking several miles a few days and playing in the snow (hey, that totally counts!). by friday i was able to run 6 miles on clear neighborhood roads. the sidewalks are still covered in a slushy snow/ice mix. on saturday, i woke up early (6am -that's early for me). i waited for the sun to rise so i had some daylight to run 4 miles. it was a fantastic way to start out my 39th year of life. :) and today i ran 5 miles on the another part of the greenway. the stretch of greenway trail i usually run on was closed still due to the snow/ice still. the part of the trail i ran today was clear for the most part.

9 comments:
Happy 39th!!! I turn 39 this year too!!! :)
Happy Birthday, Kate! You look 29!
How fun that you guys got some snow that stayed around this year!
What a pretty cake! Happy, happy birthday!
Just want to add that I like the colorful text you include on your blog and thank you for the kind banana bread comments!
Happy Birthday pretty lady!
I'm not complaining, either - i love it! (though i was glad to have my trash picked up finally! lol)
I've wondered a couple times bout the greenway on my side of town - didn't want to drive out there and find it dangerous. maybe if yours is clear, mine is too...
i think i'm doing the Warrior Dash in the mtns w/ my brother in May. wanna come?
Okay you are not 39! I thought you were much younger, not that 39 is old mind you. Considering I am over 45 that is not old. Glad to see you made the best of the snow. What races are you looking into this year?
awww, thank you all so much! you flatter me too nicely :) at least i don't feel 39 thanks to running :)
jen, that race sounds neat! would love to try out a trail run.
terri, i am thinking of chicago but need to see how finances could make that happen. otherwise, i'll aim for a marathon close to home - maybe the atlanta one in late oct.
Hi Kate,
I read Wendy's, Tina's, and Terri's blogs and thought I would stop by yours too! Happy Birthday! I agree, I do not think you look 39!
I am in Kansas City. I am currently training for the St. Louis Marathon in April. I am *trying* to get my time down to 3:40 to qualify for Boston. It might take me a few tries!
My Google Reader has exploded and I missed your birthday. I hope it was as fabulous as you are!!!
Praying that this year brings you wonderful moments and many blessings!!!
Happy belated birthday!
Psalm 118:24
Post a Comment