Wednesday, March 23, 2011

it's business time

drank my coffee and headed out for 5 miles this beautiful sunny morning. ran the first 3 on a semi hilly route, the next mile consisted of 5 hill repeats that were .1 of a mile each and the last mile was an easy pace jog. i was dead! with no fuel in my tummy, and pushing myself harder on the hills, i was t-i-r-e-d by the time i got home. but the best part is the feeling afterward. i feel like i'm getting in that zone - of let's get down to business. i have a pair of capris that put me in that zone two days ago. a pair i wore two days before the Marine Corps Marathon. the pair that was so loose in the waist and booty. and now they are feeling a tad on the snug side. yea. that will do it to me. :) so i'm writing down calories, cutting out sugar as much as this sugar craving mama can, and eating the right carbs. hard work. but i can't do it half way anymore. it's business time.
today, i took the kiddos up to our local borders. the store is sadly going out of business and closeing. books are now 40-50% off. i got the book i've been wanting - racing weight - for 40% off. about $1.50 less than amazon's price. i felt a little disloyal going there (i ♥ amazon). but now i didn't have to wait for it! going to dive into the book now... it's business time.

5 comments:

Wendy said...

can't wait to hear what you think of the book. i just ordered it!

i hear ya on clothes. i've been having the same thoughts. ugh. winter is tough.

great job today!!

Terri said...

Oh! I have that book and read it cover to cover. It is a heavy read! You will walk away knowing waaaay more than you ever wanted to know. It is a great book. Maybe the three of us can start some kind of group (ok maybe that sounds a little weird) I know I'm getting pretty tired of this weight sticking around!

Much Ado said...

I am with you all on the weight thing....after a month of traveling, bad eating and no exercise - ughhh!

I hadn't heard of the book, looks like a good read - don't you just love getting a good bargain too! :)

Kate said...

it is a heavy read. i am finding (as in his other book, RUN) that he is very VERY detailed! i love all the info but sometimes i'm like, get to the point matt!!! half way done with it and like it thus far...

Kirsten said...

Matt Fitzgerald is the author of my favorite triathlon training book and it is mammoth! I bet I would love that book! I'll have to get it for after September when I get to be a normal body again, ha! Love how speedwork makes you feel when you finish the workout-keep up the great work!