So I've been totally slacking on this blog... because I've never been busier! But 2015 will bring a lot of changes I am excited for - NO to things that make me stretched too thin - YES to my family and things I love doing more of. I cannot wait. I have missed blogging even if no one reads it! It's just fun to write on something I love to do - RUN!So to sum up October... I was not able to run as much as I would have liked. I was so busy with the kids Cross Country season, responsibilities of being AD, and basketball overlapping at the same time. I ran at total of 72 miles. Lowest month total for 2014. But... I did make the runs count for something!
I was able to PR a 15K at the Fast Pace Race with a 1:29 finish (really, most likely, because there were not that many runners in my age category!). Frank Shorter ran the 5K of this race. How fun for those who got to keep up with him! He presented the awards - so fun to meet him! One of my daughters PR'ed in her age group with a 20 something finish. And my other two ran as well and had fantastic finishes! It was a fun race for sure.
The next week, I ran a Halloween Half Marathon - which started 2 miles from my house! Could not *not* run this race so close to home! I finished with a sub 2:10 time which is better than I thought considering the many hills and my minimal training.

November, I was able to bring my miles back up for a total of 104 miles. I also took our dog Scout on the Greemway more. He got up to 8 miles! But I've noticed he limps the day after running. One of his feet only has two toes. I wonder if this bothers him after the fact. I scaled him back down for short runs for now.
Thanksgiving morning was as cold as it could be. We got to the race at 6am as my daughter had signed up to volunteer for Beta Club hours. I ended up helping until the race started at 8am. I PR'ed the 15K again - this time with a 1:25 finish and placed second. This was probably the coldest race I have run. It was in the 20's with the wind making it feel below zero! Nonetheless, it was fun!
Two days later, I ran the Helen Holiday Half. It was a beautiful, challenging trail race. Lots of hills, rocks, roots, and the best part - crossing a knee deep ice cold creek! I was pleased with my finish time of 2:33 considering my lack of trail training and the technical aspects of it. At the end, we were given these really cool pint glasses. Sadly, mine has already broken. :/ But hey, at least I got a picture of it!





1 comment:
Congrats on all of the PR's and placing, too! You "have" been busy! Hope you have a happy new year!
Post a Comment