Getting runs done this month has truly helped winter go by! Winter is not my favorite season and January was quite cold, gray and rainy. :( I was able to get 120 miles run this month.
I still don't know what I am training for so I'm just going to train and maintain decent long runs for now. My next marathon will be #10 and I want to find a fun one to do! For now. I will wait for spring soccer and basketball tournament schedules to be set and then I'll find a race!
I got a couple samplers of Huma gels for Christmas. I was already a HUGE fan of the strawberry and mango flavors. Both mango and lemon are not pictured here as I used them all up for my long runs in Jan. The lemon is so tasty and not very sweet (or sour!). I am not a fan of chocolate gels, so the chocolate and mocha were the first ones I tried back in early Jan just to get it done. They actually were not that bad! I'll use up the last two at some point but won't buy that flavor. Apple cinnamon tastes a lot like applesauce without the gritty texture! The raspberry and blueberry actually surprised me in how light they are in taste. None of these gels are overbearing in sweetness. That's what I love about them. They work well for me and I love the fact that they are made if Chia seeds! Lemon is my favorite by far. I just wish they weren't $2.25 a pop!


1 comment:
They sound good! Too bad they're pricey, but maybe they last longer to make up for it. Yay for 120 miles!
Post a Comment