Monday, February 9, 2015

Love the Run, Hate the Run

I was hoping to get a 17 miler done this Saturday. The weather was perfect - in the 50's while I ran with bright blue sunny skies.
I am proudly OK! :)

Around mile 10, I started to feel nauseated. And by mile 12, I was sore all over. It was the strangest run I've had in a long time. To go from feeling fine to feeling bad and beyond tired. I even started getting blisters on the back of my heels! I was wearing a pair of Smartwool socks that have worked just fine. It felt like I was running the last 6 miles of a marathon!

I walked the last mile back finishing with 13 miles (30 total for the week). Perhaps next week, I'll bump down a little and run a 15 miler. Sometimes, you love the run or hate the run. I look forward to the next one!

No comments: