
I did not realize I have not updated my running blog in months! Ooops! Guess life is b-u-s-y! This winter seemed so long. I'm really glad it's over.
February's miles were a little lower since I missed a week of running. I started to get a cold and didn't want it to blow up into something worse so I took it easy - especially since it was a very busy week. So in total, I was able to run 94 miles.
March's miles were the same - 94 miles total. I added in some speed work and perhaps I did too much too soon and found myself dealing with pain in my left knee. I thought it was my meniscus or something worse but it comes and goes and I can run pain free. I just had hard time bending it back to stretch out my quad.

I had been experiencing a whistling sound whle running when I would breath in or out. It's been off and on since December, I thought it was from the cold air so I would slip my head scarf over my mouth to keep warm. But as the temps have gotten warmer, I would still hear the whistling sound. I finally went to the doctor a couple weeks ago and found out it's asthma. Most likely exercise induced, but I have also experienced it just sitting still. So I now use an inhaler when needed. What fun!
It's rained a lot this winter. And we had one "snow" event that left us with an inch or so if ice and snow. I just had to run in it! :) (Rare event here!)
I ran one 6 mile trail race with a friend, and am running a 5k with another friend this weekend who is getting back into running. I'm really looking forward to a half or full soon. Just waiting for the our schedule to slow down come May. :)



1 comment:
It's almost May already! I hope you don't have any trouble getting used to your inhaler. A Spibelt would be a great place to hold it because the fabric gives so much. Training through the summer can be hard, but post-run smoothies and chocolate milk make it better!
Post a Comment